Thursday, November 5, 2015

Momentum, Exploration and Crinoids



Crinoid
detail of something bigger :)

I've recently discovered - there is a sea creature that has my full attention - the Sea Lily or Crinoid.  Its a feather and its a flower and it lives under the sea.  My love for the sea has never waned, but to think there is a bird like creature that lives with the fish.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I was practicing and thinking about something with feathers that leads to something bigger.  And of course if you follow this blog, you know that the sea has a special place in my heart.  This painting isn't done, and its in is very early stages, but I feel this amazing lift and momentum that there is a bridge that I have just stumbled upon that brings together these two very different things - My things - and makes sense of them as one. 

A gust of wind in the sails, momentum in a direction that is not for the faint of heart.  Exploration is for the bold and the brave.  Following a thread of an idea can lead to nothing or it can lead to something bigger.  Momentum is the force that moves us forward into the unknown and on to the difference between the calm and being swept away in the current.

Thank you Linda Sivertsen (Book Mama) for putting these words in regard to momentum so eloquently -
"That’s momentum for you - you work and work to build it, and at some point it starts to build you. It starts to lift you to your next level, so you can create your next level work."

I hope you are living bold and brave and finding the wind in your sails and exploring things that seem different and grand.   Happy Friday everyone! 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful work love the rich colours. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting. The colour combo is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work...I love the ocean and feel it's calling. Such a conduit to creativity and spirit!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspirational post and painting Marji,
    I've never heard of a Sea Lily and I've lived near the sea for most of my adult life!
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a sea lily but it sounds wonderful. This is why I love nature-it never ceases to amaze and also why I love art blogs because you just never know what new things you'll learn! I'm looking forward to seeing your sea lily progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of a sea lily but it sounds wonderful. This is why I love nature-it never ceases to amaze and also why I love art blogs because you just never know what new things you'll learn! I'm looking forward to seeing your sea lily progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring post. Your words of wisdom are so true and remind me how far I have come over this past year.
    Being a biology teacher I know of the Crinoids. My students always ask me if they are real. I love that you have found them and they speak to your heart. Gorgeous art this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing art work!Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sea lily is gorgeous. Your post was very inspiring this week. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful specimen and piece of art. I too love the sea and can understand the connection with art. Very thoughtful words and quote too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your encaustic art is just marvellous - amazing to look at all your pieces always! Happy weekend!
    Happy PPF!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...