Friday, October 2, 2015

Encaustic Painting, Chickadees and CeCe


CeCe
encaustic 6x6
I never get tired of painting chickadees.  They are one of my favorites and the ones I see the most from my window.  I truly wish that I had the same energy as one of these little ones.  They are forever active and flitting from branch to branch. Think of all the things I could get done in a day.  But, I do love to settle in the mid afternoon over a cup of coffee and a good book - taking a break from all the commotion even if just for a few minutes.
October is here, fall is starting to show her lovely colors - my favorites - the yellows, oranges and reds.  I've begun to start thinking of making soup and wearing sweaters.  Although, we are having a glorious Indian summer here in the northwest which means no sweaters yet.  
Happy Friday everyone! 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Marji. Lovely detail and texture. Sweaters and soup sound fabulous for this time of year. Autumn is officially here where we live, so the sweaters and hot water bottles are out. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chickadee painting. Ours here look a little bit different, but are always very amusing to watch - I often have a whole cloud of them on my balcony. Have a great week, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling painting, I love it! Birds are so sweet. Definitely not sweater weather yet here either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning painting, I love chickadees. And soup and sweaters sound nice to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully executed! I am eagerly awaiting getting my encaustics out again...winter is a wee bit better for all the extra heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful! Both the chicadee and the texture and colors of the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy little chickadee, Marji! He is utterly adorable. You are so talented in that medium. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are still very close to the 100s so no sweaters, but at least it's a bit less hot. What an adorable birdy... you make the most adorable birds... or I should say encaustics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little chickadees as well. And with all their activity they get to eat all day and never gain weight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This chickadee is beautiful. The detail is amazing. Well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning...I feel I could reach my hand in and touch this beautiful little creature!! Love the detail and how realistic it is!! Over my lifetime I have spent hours watching these beauties!! Such a joyful sound they are adorable as they flit about!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. An exquisite painting of the little chickadee Marji,
    We love to see and hear them when we visit Canada. Once you hear their song you never forget their name.
    Happy PPF to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely charming! No sweaters here, either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. luv the texture of the bird

    happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a talent! I adore your chickadee. Congrats on being featured at PPF.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...