Monday, June 30, 2014

JUNE: 630


June - Swim 630
encaustic mixed media on birch 8x10
 Swim - yes we do, in June.
Thank you for joining me with a painting a day in June.  Below is the entire month of June.  It was a project of epic proportions for me - my first installment work.  Each panel is for sale individually.  When the painting was first viewed - it was like a full beautifully decorated cake that was uncut.  No one wanted to be the first to take a piece.  It was a bit disappointing for me - but the part that I did not expect, nor anticipate is the amount of joy that it brought to me as I watched people stand in front of the painting - pondering each panel, each day and talking amongst themselves about things and memories that it prompted in them.  Discussions of riding in the "way back" in a station wagon on a road trip, gramma's cherry pie, June brides, Father's Day and all other things in between.  It was magical for me. 
JUNE
 


3 comments:

  1. This was just a great overall piece, Marji - and I look forward to bringing my little piece of June (the 21st) home with me tomorrow! Congratulations on this installation piece - it was inspired, and inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful piece all our together like that and congrats on it being exhibited. I can understand why no one wanted to be the 1st to take it apart but how wonderful for it to be such a source of memories and nostalgia for the viewers. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marji, your project and whole painting look amazing and so much inspiring. You created amazingly painted piece with beautiful meaning. It is fantastic. Huge congrats and thank you for sharing!
    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...