Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Artful Journey, Mixed Media and Chickadee

Chickadee
Encaustic mixed media on birch 6x6
Last week I wrote about being fickle.  This week - I didn't even turn on the hot palettes.  I've been wooed away with working on my pay it forward art project things and cutting, pasting, water coloring and sewing (yes, sewing) for those.  Some of our friends from PPF are joining in - you should pay them a visit and see if you can get in on the fun IreneValerie, TraceyIlona, and Coreopsis and Tracy.  If you are on the fence about the project - jump in.  Its fun and an opportunity to get some art flowing around the world.   
I got out the old White sewing machine and fired it up.  Still working after years of closet time and a couple of house moves in between.  I even remembered how to thread the darned thing - although I need my glasses to do that now :)  My projects aren't quite done yet, so I won't show them this week.  They do incorporate wax too so I'm not totally leaving it behind.  And next week - back to work in the wax.  I'm still wondering how all these things will come together some day - there is beginnings of it here with this painting.  I love being an explorer on the artful journey - so many interesting twists and turns along the way. 
Happy Friday everyone! 

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this birdie pops off the page...love the variety of mediums and texture! Can't wait to see what you've done for the art swap!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bird! Nobody joined in my swap, so I will just be swapping with you, which gives me time to make something nice! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, the texture, just plain love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fantastic! You have a great eye for color and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marji,
    Love the little tweedy bird, so precious.Those colours in that fab texture are stunning, beautiful work!
    Love to see your next mixed media projects and the sewing, my machine is still waiting : (

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of texture in your tweety. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful depth and translucency in your bird, no wonder you're hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love your bird! In this writing moment I have birds on my desk as well. They're so much fun painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought I had left a comment - but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is fantastic...you can feel the fluffiness of the feathers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this close-up, Marji! The textures are amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...