Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Today was the day.  Time to rid the closets of stuff that just frankly doesn't make the cut anymore.

I took two huge bags of gently used clothes to the Goodwill today.  Did I say HUGE?  Amazing really to think that I took that much out, but it still feels like there is a lot left.  Well anyway, the first pass is complete and gone.
 
I have to admit that it feels so much better when I walk into my closet now.  I kept some things that I shouldn't have kept.  I threw out the old over-used stuff that should have gone a long time ago.  I still have that old pair of jeans with the holes in the knees, that old ratty comfy sweater and that favorite red Dave Mathews tee shirt.  These are things I can't part with right now, but maybe later.
I did it.  I got rid of that sweater that I really don't like.  You know the one... the one I bought for whatever reason (brand, color, it was "in").  It's the one that was my fashion mistake.  The one that really didn't fit my style but I bought it anyway.  The one that I felt guilty about because it was expensive.  I tried to wear it, but it was never right.  Just not me.  It was beautiful, but not me.  It went, today it moved on to find a home with the right person.  And you know what? It feels really good to not have it there hanging in the closet. 
I hope this inspires you to do a little spring cleaning too.

2 comments:

  1. I know, it is a great feeling except the slight guilt you feel for a while for the money you may have wasted and the mistakes you may have made but I always console myself that from the charity shop it finds a new home and helps a few more.
    My favourite throw out this years were those that are now way too big. No guilt there. Not ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are inspiring me...i SO need to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...