Friday, March 25, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This week for Scanvenger Hunt Sunday --kitchen, groups of three, me time, decay and things that make you go hmmmm.
-Kitchen-
My good friend Ingrid put an amazing receipe for Amaretti cookies on her blog.  I decided I must try them.  It took a couple of days to round up the ingredients as some were specialty items - specifically Vanilla Sugar and Caster Sugar.  I found all the ingredients I needed at Whole Foods with the exception of Vanilla Sugar.  This lead me to DeLaurenti's specialty food market at Pike Street Market in Seattle.  A great excuse to have a city day.  However, there are ways to make your own Vanilla Sugar and skip the outing if you prefer.  Vanilla Sugar info here  I also had to do a little conversion of weights and measures - 100g of sugar is about 1/2 cup. 
-Groups of Three-
The final product is DE-Lish!!  For the receipe head on over to Ingrid's blog
These are easy to make and so tasty.  I highly recommend.  Groups of Three is also the theme for Kat Sloma's

-Me Time-
 Drawing in my sketch book is perfect "me time" as well as journaling and studio time.  A cup of tea and some Amaretti cookies are a welcome addition to this time during the day.
-Decay-

 
-Things that make you go hmmmm....-
8 servings.
hmmmmm..

14 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for the lovely comment on my focus52 view...I am trying to get some good close up shots..wow..your blog is amazing...what great photos..I have added myself to your blog...I will be checking in often...stay dry in Seattle..we will live Kelowna BC in the summer but are lucky enough to have a home here in AZ.

    Have a great weekend.
    Ox
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the lady before me..your blog looks amazing...wow...but it is a busy saturday morning here in new delhi..i need to be back for a longer-at-leisure look..

    so utterly sweet of you to stop by..am really new here and any feedback makes my day

    warm regards
    sonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ALL of your shots! Well done...I really like the kitchen one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interpretations - I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! love the last shot of things that make you go hmmm!! But honestly all of your shots are beautiful, I love your processing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all wonderful - I especially like your processing for each shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos for the prompts. I love your sepia tones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretations...love your group of 3 shot & you me time - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your processing is really beautiful! My favorite is the group of 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those group of 3s I am going to have to try to make those cookies. Great kitchen shot.
    Have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful "me time " shot, you look very relaxed and at peace. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are all awesome! Fav's....Decay and Things that make you go Hmmmm. Totally relate!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...