Thursday, September 30, 2010

Home


Have you ever looked at a list of your old addresses? The places that you called home. For me, they are as follows starting from present:

  1. House in Seattle
  2. Harbour Pointe House
  3. Helena House
  4. House in Riviera
  5. Highland Blvd. House
  6. House in Abcoude
  7. Rockwood Blvd. House
  8. House on 27th
  9. House in Chung Hom Kok
  10. House on 17th

10 houses in 25 years. That means every 2.5 years I move. However, I can look at this list and feel that every single house has been home. Why is that? That I can feel that I can call each one of these totally uniquely different houses - HOME

I've decided its because (as cliche as it sounds) home is where the heart is. Or at least I honestly believe that it starts in the heart. There is a certain vibe and essance that grows from the heart in regard to a home. Comfort, cozy, love, happiness - all these warm fuzzy words that we use to describe home, start in the heart. From there they grow into the space and environment in which we are living. This vibe and essence is what creates home. The house in which we invite friends and family into is where others can feel what is in our hearts. We create home from the heart. This is what I believe.

What does HOME mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post - it has me making a similar list (except I seem to have forgotten places I lived in college and grad school, selective memory I suppose.)

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my post at Mortal Muses - I appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell real estate-I'd love a client like you. I once had a friend who said I moved a lot, so I too should make a similar list. I do agree that home is where the heart is.
    Thanks for making me take a moment to think about all of my "homes".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...